Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LazyTown LIVE in UK and Latin America

Originally posted by Racoon
    If I can remember, if Sportacus lost, he had to leave LazyTown, but I'm not too sure.
    That's a pretty safe bet.

Also, did you go to see it already?
    I thought it wasn't playing until... June or July or something. :?

Comment

Originally posted by Ultra Magnus
      That's a pretty safe bet.

Also, did you go to see it already?
      I thought it wasn't playing until... June or July or something. :?
      i saw it in October. i'm going to see it again in June.

Comment

i saw it in October. i'm going to see it againg in June.
        I'm going to see it early July. Can't wait!

Comment

i saw it in October. i'm going to see it again in June.
          Ah. I thought I remembered it saying June on the ticket you used to have in your sig.
          Or am I just imagining that? :?

I'm still debating whether to go see it, myself.
          I'm just not sure how I'd cope being around that many small, energetic, hyperactive people.*

What's the merchandise like?
          That might be the clincher for me.

* Me being neither small, nor energetic, and hardly hyperactive.
          It may be debatable as to whether I'm even a person.

Comment

I know I would love to go! Too bad I haven't seen any plays in the Florida area for me to go to. TT.TT

Comment

Originally posted by Ultra Magnus
              Ah. I thought I remembered it saying June on the ticket you used to have in your sig.
              Or am I just imagining that? :?

I'm still debating whether to go see it, myself.
              I'm just not sure how I'd cope being around that many small, energetic, hyperactive people.*

What's the merchandise like?
              That might be the clincher for me.

* Me being neither small, nor energetic, and hardly hyperactive.
              It may be debatable as to whether I'm even a person.
              yea, i did use to have the ticket as my sig. the kids are ok. it'd probably be better to get to your seat early to avoid everyone coming in at once.

the merchandise is the worst thing about it. most of it is just normal LazyTown merch, but way more expensive. Programmes are about £5 or £6, and there's these tiny helium balloons for £5. what a rip off!

Comment

With it costing a million dollars an ep, I would assume some insanely, stupid pricing for the merch during the live shows. Something that only costs a dollar to make would sell for 15. It's fairly common. Sucks.... but common.

Comment

the merchandise is the worst thing about it. most of it is just normal LazyTown merch, but way more expensive. Programmes are about £5 or £6, and there's these tiny helium balloons for £5. what a rip off!
                  £5 or £6 for a programme's not bad, unless it's particularly thin.
                  I mean, yeah, it is quite bad, but most programmes are £8+.
                  And I wouldn't really be interested in a balloon for more than 50p, anyway.
                  But if most of it's just regular merch stuff, then... meh.

Originally posted by Glanni
                  With it costing a million dollars an ep, I would assume some insanely, stupid pricing for the merch during the live shows. Something that only costs a dollar to make would sell for 15. It's fairly common. Sucks.... but common.
                  I doubt much of the cash from merch sales at the live shows would go towards off-setting production costs for the TV show.
                  Some of it goes towards covering costs of the live show itself, but most of it's just straight-up for profit.
                  There's nothing inherently wrong with that, mind.
                  It's just capitalism, baby. That's the world we live in.

But yeah, live show merch is always overpriced because of the "impulse purchase" factor, plus the fact that (in the case of tour-specific stuff, like shirts, programmes etc.) it is unavailable anywhere else. And people like me fall for it.
                  And for kids' shows it's often worse, because kids want what they want and don't care how much it costs, and parents have a choice to either pay up or put their kid in a foul mood for the rest of the day.

It's cheeky, sneaky stuff, but it gets results.

Comment

I was leaning towards what Magnus said. The show costs so much to make that they rely on making profits on merch more than anything else. I wouldn't doubt a small bit of that money goes towards Lazytown productions.

Comment

his name is Roboticus. Robbie Rotten made him. he steals all the kids toys and towards the end, Roboticus and Sportacus have a race. If I can remember, if Sportacus lost, he had to leave LazyTown, but I'm not too sure.
                      ah! nice. Sounds like an interesting show

thanks Racoon!

I know I would love to go! Too bad I haven't seen any plays in the Florida area for me to go to. TT.TT
                      haha yea, fellow Floridian here. With so many theme parks and attractions here, you would think... :( only Nickelodeon related thing I can recall us having here is the Nickhotel. >_>

Comment

Originally posted by BusyTown
                        haha yea, fellow Floridian here. With so many theme parks and attractions here, you would think... :( only Nickelodeon related thing I can recall us having here is the Nickhotel. >_>
                        True! Nothing good ever comes here. They need to bring the Lazytown play HERE for us. I would bring my niece there, if only to stop getting weird stares from people.... >.>... Then again, everyone already knows I'm obsessed with LazyTown in my area and going to there with a bunch of people I do not know, wouldn't really matter what their opinions are.... and they would probably think my Niece is my kid. 0.o

Comment

hahahaha same here. Would prob take a cousin with me, or...go at it alone idc...much ^^;

They should bring a show to islands of adventure or something IT'S STEPHER TIME

Comment

Originally posted by BusyTown
                            hahahaha same here. Would prob take a cousin with me, or...go at it alone idc...much ^^;

They should bring a show to islands of adventure or something IT'S STEPHER TIME
                            I couldn't agree with you more! I would prefer it closer to tampa though so it's a short drive for me, but whatever. I'd be willing to drive up to four hours of a LazyTown show, which, since I'm in the middle of Florida, means anywhere in Florida.

Comment

Check It Out!!!

http://www.lazytownenvivo.com.mx

Comment

hey! thanks for that sportafake. i guess you are good for something after all...

oh wait, i see this isn't the latin american show i've seen on youtube. everybody's different. even the puppets (which are still creepy as hell) look different. is this a different show, or have they replaced the cast, made new masks and changed the background?

Comment

Working...
                                X