• Show
Clear All

Re: Movies that REALLY freaked you out

Day After Tomorrow (200-)
    The Tornadoes in LA scared me
    Twister (199-)?
    Tornadoes again
    Scream (1996)
    Ghostface and his knife. More his knife.

Comment

Event Horizon was scary when I was a kid, but scary movies just don't scare me anymore. Now, if you follow this link, and read all of these stories at midnight, and look at the accompanying images for a bit too long, then it's impossible to sleep.
      http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/Creepypasta

Comment

Originally posted by Zafa
        When I was little, the episode of The Simpsons which was a Treehouse of Horror. Homer goes into this new 3D world and Homer was all 3D, that scared the crap outa me as a kid, but I watch it now and the episode is hilarious
        lol, really? i always thought that was so cool! the first time i saw it my mind was like blown. i was like "how do they have the technology?" rofl. now you see 3D animation so often that (to me atleast) it's just become annoying and it all looks the same.

i was sitting here racking my brain for what movies scared me... and i honestly couldn't think of any. i enjoy watching them, but that stuff doesn't get to me at all. i guess that makes me a jerk or something. lol.

however, when i was really little my dad used to watch these "aliens are real" type tv shows all the time. and i believed in it. i remember i had a couple of nightmares. (1. my mom become one. 2. they broke into my house and were trying to steal my mcdonald's toys. XD) but then i ended up drawing aliens all time... and i'd draw alien girls with big lips and bows. (i don't really remember what was going on in my head back then.) also, funfact my first screenname aliengirl700. so yeah, i guess i ended up liking aliens... so i don't even know if any of that counts? lol.

and that's my life story.

Comment

Originally posted by lost4ever
          ITT: List the movies that you have seen that really fed your deepest fears and freaked you out. I'm not talking just while watching the movie, or that day. I mean long term fear that gave you nightmares that still lie in the back of your mind and make you afraid of the dark.
          Seven
          The grudge 2

Comment

Originally posted by CJVercetti
            Poltergeist was kinda freaky.
            I agree with you, CJ. That movie was freaky. Poltergeists II and III were also scary.

Comment

The alarming decline in bee populations across the United States and Europe represents a potential ecological apocalypse, an environmental catastrophe that could collapse the food chain and wipe out humanity. Who and what is behind this flagrant abuse of the eco-system?
              Well...CJ?

Comment

Originally posted by notorious
                I saw The Shining when I was like, 6.

Nothing since has come close to scaring me.
                Suspense is much better than brutality.

Comment

Originally posted by ForGreatJustin
                  Suspense is much better than brutality.
                  So true. When I think about the movies that scare me it tends to be older films, made back in the day when gore and violence was just something you could not show on film. You had to have a script writer who could portray the gore and violence and all the other evils indirectly - off camera. It certainly required some very good script writing to keep the suspense.

I think that as more of the gore and violence made it to the screen the script writers tended to rely on that and not good script writing to scare people, so the story suffered. Looking back on my list of scary films I notice that the modern ones that scare me are actually remakes of older films (Alien Excluded) I think that good scary movie making is a lost art.

Comment

The Number 23.

Wasn't scary at all, but all the 23's and "32...OMG, 23 backwards" were just...freaky.

Comment

Ok i have to be honest i was doctor who scares me!

Comment

Originally posted by lazyscout
                        Ok i have to be honest i was doctor who scares me!
                        OH

THE BLINK EPISODE WITH THOSE ANGEL STATUES

Yes, that freaked me out big time.

Comment

I've seen bits of Arachnophobia and it looked real creey because of the spiders.

Comment

It was so vulgar no one else would release it.

Comment

. .
                              l i t t l e s t e p h e r s

Comment

I haven't been freaked out by a movie in ages, but E.T. when the doctors or whatever broke into the house scared me so much. I hate Spielberg. And doctors.

Comment

Working...
                                X