This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why we restarted

Well, there were multiple problems with using FreeForums. Because it was a proprietary forums host, the database could not be backed up. If Get Lazy was ever closed at that location, everything would be lost.

Edis and I decided it would be wise to make a final restart at a location where the database could be backed up. This is not a free host. I am paying for webhosting here. The entire website can easily be backed up in full.

We restarted Get Lazy now, so if it ever did get shut down in the future, all that extra time spent on posts would not be lost.

If Get Lazy ever goes down again, the database can be restored. Users, posts, avatars, everything -- it will all be saved. I am terribly sorry guys, but this was something that had to be done.

Yeah dude thats really good of you to do that for us.

Thanks man.

Comment

Boo, just when I had a whopping 2 posts.

Are there like ads we can click to help pay for the hosting? I wouldn't mind clicking an ad a few times a week as long as they're not the annoying flashy banner kind.

Comment

The hosting is not expensive by any means, donations or advertisements won't be necessary.

I paid for the hosting to host Get Lazy, but also any personal projects I may have.

Comment

Oooh... there's a purple theme now.. X3

Well thank you very much for the dedication to keep this community safe and well-kept!! You're all awesome ^__^<3

Comment

just had to goddamn ALL my sigs again, and im gunna have to dvd covers aswell

but if it means i wont have to do it again then thats kool

Comment

YARR! New forums, again! Let's hope this is the last time...

Comment

And just when I had over 200 posts :'(
                Oh well I know y`all can't live without my glorious presence so I`m back

Comment

hopefully this site will stay here for good now.

Comment

welcome to the edge of forever.

Comment

well, it's not how many posts you have that counts. it isn't a contest. it's the fact that we have to transfer a lot of stuff all over again that sucks. all your beautiful art and pics of your mugs, etc. it sorta bites.

but this was done for a good reason.

so let's settle back in and enjoy...again ;)

Comment

You rock Xizer!! <33333

Comment

Re: ...so

Originally posted by CJVercetti
                          Xizer, would it be awkward if I told you I loved you?

Also, haha you actually corrected your grammar. I was just being a dick, lol.
                          Way to go, big meanie! If you made him cry, I'll never forgive you! xD

Comment

good job xizer!

Comment

Thanks Xizer, you rock.

As for post counts, like LTgirl said, it's not a contest. Make your posts meaningful and not just a one word post like "LOL".

Comment

Working...
                              X