LazyTown Live Show 2007 UK - Roboticus - PREMIERE Oct 4th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Pirate Adventure 2007 live UK - PREMIERE Oct 4th

Thanks for sharing the pictures. The photos of Maggi are great, it's nice to see the actors without stage makeup on.

Maybe now that LT is going to be aired on free-to air in Australia, we'll get a stage show next year.

Comment

I like those pictures. Magnus' shots look great and the shots of the stage show are cool. Thanks for sharing those.

Comment

nalla how on earth did you get all this backstage access? i have to assume that you disguised yourself and sneaked in there. lol. that's really awesome though, and i'm happy you got to meet magnus and everything.

the stage show looks so cool, i like that they decided to go with human versions of the puppets. i wish they were having one over here too, i would so go to it... despite the fact that i don't have any little kids to bring.

Comment

Zokita/Fron> Of course, they will never be the originals, but the entire cast performed really well, and since the costumes and everything had been done by the LT studios, they were spot-on. Except perhaps for Stephanie, who's dress looked just slightly more like stage show Solla's dress than tv show Steph to me. Hmmm. But anyway, the puppet actors were great. Pixel & Trixie were the best (I talked briefly to the Pixel actor too, and I couldn't help laughing, he just looked like the puppet! lol), Stingy was very good also. I wasn't so keen on Ziggy (personally), but I think that was just because I could tell it was a woman. They did the best they could. And I think it was a much better idea not to go down the whole Rubber-mask route that they took in Latin America. And like I said, seriously, casting Scott as Robbie was pure genius. He really did steal the show. I can't even begin to tell you how much he sounded and acted like Stefán. He´s obviously done a LOT of homework. That photo I posted there doesn't do him any justice though.

But now it's my turn for a question. What was this event that Stefán and Julianna were at, Zokita? I wasn't aware Stefán had agreed to attend any live events himself. Was he in full Robbie get-up? That must have been pretty interesting to see. :)

Mizz Pink> Nah, Magnús won't be at them all.

LoveThyConan> Yeah, it was easy. You see, I had this great plan. I climbed into a mailbox, because I figured that nobody would ever suspect the mailbox... and it worked. I got to sneak around backstage. haha

Comment

...You got to hug Maggi? The waves of envy, they're getting more intense by the second. ;)

Anyway, the event was a smaller, similarly titled LazyTown Live in Sesame Place, a Sesame Street theme park in my hometown. It wasn't an elaborate stage show like the one in the UK, just a mini-sode style story with a few songs thrown in. It featured a Sportacus standin (I'd like to know his name, his athletics were pretty good), Stefan as Robbie, Julianna as Stephanie, and a Ziggy puppet whose standin voice sounded more like Stingy than Ziggy. I seriously wondered if it was Jodi Eichelberger at some points.

You can still read the thread about it here, but it got locked so it'll probably be deleted soon. If that happens, I saved a copy of my report of the show and I'll PM it to anyone who wants it, plus a zip archive of the (crappy) photos I took with a disposable from long distance.

I can't wait to read a full report on this production from someone in the UK, though. It sounds fantastic.

Comment

Well, I went to see it last night and I have to agree with Nalla that it's absolutely brilliant and now I'm going to try and get tickets to see it again when it comes to Manchester, although I have a horrid feeling they're all sold out (tickets for yesterday's show were going for £150 each on eBay midweek, when they cost me around £20 each the day they went on sale).

Unfortunately I didn't manage to take any pics because I had to spend most of the show holding my son down so he didn't try and run up to the stage. But Robbie Rotten definitely stole the show (and the guys who played Sportacus and Roboticus (the robot superhero that Robbie buys) were joint second - the stunts were fantastic and Sportacus had the accent down pat).

Stephanie was a bit off-key on a couple of songs, and Pixel's headset fell off at the beginning and he had to hold it on through one song and then disappeared to have it fixed, but other than that it was a very slick and professional show. Loved it.

Comment

Originally posted by Burt Thruster
                You are obviously thinking what i'm thinking about " Nalla". But what the hell, I'll take any insider information going. (Getlazy should be proud to get this official notice).
                You already have the official notice and the official notice posts under this name, not under any other!

Comment

Originally posted by LazyTownLive
                  Originally posted by Burt Thruster
                  You are obviously thinking what i'm thinking about " Nalla". But what the hell, I'll take any insider information going. (Getlazy should be proud to get this official notice).
                  You already have the official notice and the official notice posts under this name, not under any other!
                  Official notice noted and confirmed as undernoted....

Official : noted
                  Notice : noted

Lazytownlive is now official : noted

(Sorry for the misunderstanding)

Comment

i went to lazytown live. it was awesome. being 13, i had a few people look at me when i was screaming. so i got my younger brother and sister to join in with me : D

Comment

Ah, that's an excellent plan: renting a kid for camouflage.

Thanks for the reports, everyone, sounds like you all had great times!

Comment

nalla is actually a friend of mine and she doesn't go by any other name either. :)

you can trust what she says comes from her and not an alias.

i believe the same applies to LazyTownLive.

Comment

My neices dragged me out for my birthday last night to see the show, and I must agree with Nalla, Suburby, etc, that it was very good, and an exciting time was had by all (don't be afraid of "borrowing" younger family members - they will love it!- and so will you).

As Nalla has said, the "camera police" were out in force, but I managed to take a few snaps before I was spotted, warned, and issued with a nearby "guard". In a way I was glad, as I could then concentrate on enjoying the show.

(sorry for the poor quality, but I was right at the back of the theater - camera tip for others: NO flash, 400 ISO, digital zoom)

08-Steph+Mayor-LazytownLive-19-10-07.jpg

09-Steph+Mayor-LazytownLive-19-10-07.jpg

10-Stingy+Steph-LazytownLive-19-10-07.jpg

11-Trixie+Stingy+Steph-LazytownLive-19-10-07.jpg

After the show, I managed to get some pics of some of the cast backstage. It was a bit chaotic though, and the quality again isn't great, but this next one is James Bellamy (Pixel)......

13-AllGang+Sportacus-LazytownLive-19-10-07.jpg

and this is Mark Roper who plays the Mayor, with Tina Waller (Ziggy), Kimberly Pena (Steph), and Kae Yukawa (Trixie) faintly in the background..........

16-Mark+Others-LazytownLive-19-10-07.jpg

Another of Mark, with Tina & Kimberly at back........

--image--

We (sorry you other guys in the cast) concentrated on getting photos with Kimberly and Julian (Sportacus), and they were very obliging and kind to my neices, and signed posters etc, but I can't show these of course - well - OK then - just because he is a bit of a hunk, and as a favour to all lady members - here is a cropped pic of Julian Essex-Spurrier..........

--image--

By the time I'd finished with Steph & Sporty, the rest of the cast had gone, so sorry, no pics of Scott Joseph (Robbie), Darren (Roboticus) or Nathan (Stingy).
                          As regards the show, I would agree that Scott as Robbie was outstanding, closely followed by Mark and Darren - but everyone "played a blinder". My only slight critisism is that on one occasion, the dialogue dragged on a bit, and the kids got slightly disinterested, restless and noisy waiting for the next song. However, overall, the show was great, and by the end everyone in the audience was up dancing! It was some sight - great fun! :)

Comment

Wow, Burt Thruster, those pics are awesome, it looks great. Ziggy looked a little freaky in one of the pics, though. And thanks for the camera tips.

Comment

It's clearly a sign of how crazy I've become here that the first thing I noticed with those pics is that Stephanie's shoes aren't the real ones. Producers, surely you've got the money to get a pair custom-made in Kim's size?

Very nice pics! It looks like a great show.

Comment

Lol, I noticed that as well! Great job sharing the pics though! Wish I could go...

Comment

Working...
                                X