LAZY MEMBER
    Level 5 - Twenty Times Poster

Local Date
    20th August 2019
    Local Time
    10:04

The Pirate Adventure 2007 live UK - PREMIERE Oct 4th

Um. Hey guys and gals...

I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the completely wrong board/section/way or whatever (so sorry if I have), but just thought the Sporty fans here might like to see a couple of recent snaps of Magnús (taken yesterday). Sorry for the bad quality.

The live show opening was brilliant by the way. If anyone in the UK can get tickets to any of the performances, I'd say GO GET THEM. You'll enjoy it. Scott absolutely steals the show as Robbie.
    Hefurðu einhvern tíma hugsað með sjálfum þer: ‘Ó, nei! Skórnir mínir eru allir í illa lyktandi slími!’?

Trixie's ToyBoy LAZY MEMBER
    Level 27 - Little Pink Poster
    Local Date
    20th August 2019
    Local Time
    12:04

Man, I wish I could see one of the live shows, but I don't have an excuse-toddler to explain my presence there, nor do I feel like buying plane tickets and everything, I'm not gonna spend a few hundred bucks on a show, even if it is LT. Nice pics though, but that smile reminds me of Ben from Lost.

The Inspector LAZY MEMBER
    Level 15 - The Baby Troll
    Local Date
    20th August 2019
    Local Time
    11:04

Those are really nice pics, Nalla, thanks for sharing.

Hopefully I'll be going to see LT live in April when it tours over here. I really hope it doesn't fall through and I can go, despite the fact I'll be 16. =P
    I caress it cos I possess it

LAZY MEMBER

Local Date
    20th August 2019
    Local Time

Thanks. It was great and I think you'll have a great time in April. It's very much based on the tv show, but it still kinda reminded me of the Glanni show for some reason. I guess that the fact that Magnús himself has had such a big part in the production really shows. The crowd certainly loved it last night. So short of disaster, I cant see it falling through.
    Hefurðu einhvern tíma hugsað með sjálfum þer: ‘Ó, nei! Skórnir mínir eru allir í illa lyktandi slími!’?

LAZY MEMBER
    Level 13 - Purple Panther
    Local Date
    20th August 2019
    Local Time

For all you unlucky non-UK LTnuts out there, this thread is discussing the new Lazytown Live UK tour 2007-08. Details of the recently anounced cast are at http://www.lazytownlive.co.uk/, and it kicked off yesterday in London. Jellyanna's doppelganger is an english girl called Kimberley Pena in her "graduating debut" (???).
    I am going myself on 18th/19th Oct, when it reaches Glasgow, and I'll also try to get some pics for your viewing pleasure.
    http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2007-...7_233654-A.jpg
    Ally, bally, ally bally bee,.......

Local Date
    20th August 2019
    Local Time

Nalla - Aww, bless!
    Yeah, I am sure I'll have a great time, if I go. I'm gonna be going with one of my best friends, seeing as my mum refuses to go with.

I agree, for sure, that if it's good enough for Maggi the Perfectionist, it'll be good enough for me!

Burt Thruster - I hope that the UK cast is good - I've never even heard of this Kimberly person lol

LAZY MEMBER

Local Date
    20th August 2019
    Local Time

Here´s one of Justin and Kimberley (the new Sportacus and Stephanie). They're not the greatest lookalikes up-close, but the effect is there on stage.

Couldn't catch Scott in costume, sadly, as he´d gone to have the prosthetics removed, but I did get a couple of shots of him in action.

As for taking photos. Good luck. But I doubt very much you will be able to though, as I'm afraid to say that (as per usual!) cameras are banned (and trust me, they enforced the ban like little Nazis) at all events, except for those people with press passes. A couple of shots 'on the sly' from your seat is about as much as people can hope for I think. But who knows. Maybe you'll get lucky.

LAZY MEMBER
    Level 8 - Treehouse Builder
    Local Date
    20th August 2019
    Local Time

I'll try to get a few shots when I go to see it in April next year.
    I can't wait to go.
    One Stiff Stephie

Local Date
    20th August 2019
    Local Time

Cool, we'll have to try and hide our cameras.

5th or 6th?

LAZY MEMBER
    Level 9 - Energy Poster

Local Date
    20th August 2019
    Local Time

I'm going tomorrow night, will attempt to take some pictures if I can!
    Magnús Scheving IS God.
    That's why Mums go to Iceland.

LAZY MEMBER
    Level 16 - Sportaposter
    Local Date
    20th August 2019
    Local Time

Is Magnus at all of them?
    Magnus Scheving Is A Hero

LAZY MEMBER
    Level 2 - Rotten Poster

Local Date
    20th August 2019
    Local Time

How did they do the live actors as puppets? How were they?

LAZY MEMBER
    Local Date
    20th August 2019
    Local Time

Wow, that sounds like an incredible show. I'd like to see it expand to the USA sometime, though that seems highly unlikely considering the way Viacom's treating LT like garbage over here.

The visuals look pretty good from what little I can see (though I adore the fluffy orange chair, as always). How was the acting? Were they believable in their roles, very different from Magnus/Stefan/Julianna or somewhat close? And how were Stingy/Ziggy/Trixe/Pixel handled?

I guess it's good that they're going with an entirely new cast, rather than mixing standins with the original cast as I saw last weekend (Stand-in Sportacus next to Stefan and Julianna looked strange) but they have some pretty big shoes to fill! Of course, what I'd REALLY like is a show with the entire original cast intact, but I guess that's too impractical to implement.

Also, I envy you for getting to meet Magnus. I really wish I could talk to him sometime.
    I seriously need a new sig. Will try Photoshop later.

LAZY MEMBER
    Local Date
    20th August 2019
    Local Time

Nalla, Nalla, Nalla. Your posts and pics are VERY good. You should get a job with the LT live UK publicity team - or am I too late in suggesting this?

Moderator LAZY MEMBER
    Level 28 - Friend For Life
    Local Date
    20th August 2019
    Local Time

Awesome! I like that there are Stage Shows too! I thought it was going to be a mini-event of sorts.

*Thanks to Ultra Magnus for Nindanjoe.

LAZY MEMBER
    Level 14 - Sportscandy
    Local Date
    20th August 2019
    Local Time

Thanks for sharing the pictures. The photos of Maggi are great, it's nice to see the actors without stage makeup on.

Maybe now that LT is going to be aired on free-to air in Australia, we'll get a stage show next year.

LAZY MEMBER
    Level 9 - Energy Poster

Local Date
    20th August 2019
    Local Time

I like those pictures. Magnus' shots look great and the shots of the stage show are cool. Thanks for sharing those.

LAZY MEMBER
    Level 14 - Sportscandy
    Local Date
    20th August 2019
    Local Time

nalla how on earth did you get all this backstage access? i have to assume that you disguised yourself and sneaked in there. lol. that's really awesome though, and i'm happy you got to meet magnus and everything.

the stage show looks so cool, i like that they decided to go with human versions of the puppets. i wish they were having one over here too, i would so go to it... despite the fact that i don't have any little kids to bring.

Owner of GetLazy ADMINISTRATOR
    Level 29 - Villain Number One
    Local Date
    20th August 2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by LoveTHYconan
    nalla how on earth did you get all this backstage access? i have to assume that you disguised yourself and sneaked in there. lol. that's really awesome though, and i'm happy you got to meet magnus and everything.

the stage show looks so cool, i like that they decided to go with human versions of the puppets. i wish they were having one over here too, i would so go to it... despite the fact that i don't have any little kids to bring.
    I'd imagine it wasn't too difficult...

LAZY MEMBER

Local Date
    20th August 2019
    Local Time

Zokita/Fron> Of course, they will never be the originals, but the entire cast performed really well, and since the costumes and everything had been done by the LT studios, they were spot-on. Except perhaps for Stephanie, who's dress looked just slightly more like stage show Solla's dress than tv show Steph to me. Hmmm. But anyway, the puppet actors were great. Pixel & Trixie were the best (I talked briefly to the Pixel actor too, and I couldn't help laughing, he just looked like the puppet! lol), Stingy was very good also. I wasn't so keen on Ziggy (personally), but I think that was just because I could tell it was a woman. They did the best they could. And I think it was a much better idea not to go down the whole Rubber-mask route that they took in Latin America. And like I said, seriously, casting Scott as Robbie was pure genius. He really did steal the show. I can't even begin to tell you how much he sounded and acted like Stefán. He´s obviously done a LOT of homework. That photo I posted there doesn't do him any justice though.

But now it's my turn for a question. What was this event that Stefán and Julianna were at, Zokita? I wasn't aware Stefán had agreed to attend any live events himself. Was he in full Robbie get-up? That must have been pretty interesting to see.

Mizz Pink> Nah, Magnús won't be at them all.

LoveThyConan> Yeah, it was easy. You see, I had this great plan. I climbed into a mailbox, because I figured that nobody would ever suspect the mailbox... and it worked. I got to sneak around backstage. haha

LAZY MEMBER
    Local Date
    20th August 2019
    Local Time

...You got to hug Maggi? The waves of envy, they're getting more intense by the second.

Anyway, the event was a smaller, similarly titled LazyTown Live in Sesame Place, a Sesame Street theme park in my hometown. It wasn't an elaborate stage show like the one in the UK, just a mini-sode style story with a few songs thrown in. It featured a Sportacus standin (I'd like to know his name, his athletics were pretty good), Stefan as Robbie, Julianna as Stephanie, and a Ziggy puppet whose standin voice sounded more like Stingy than Ziggy. I seriously wondered if it was Jodi Eichelberger at some points.

You can still read the thread about it here, but it got locked so it'll probably be deleted soon. If that happens, I saved a copy of my report of the show and I'll PM it to anyone who wants it, plus a zip archive of the (crappy) photos I took with a disposable from long distance.

I can't wait to read a full report on this production from someone in the UK, though. It sounds fantastic.
    I seriously need a new sig. Will try Photoshop later.

LAZY MEMBER
    Local Date
    20th August 2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Xizer
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveTHYconan

I'd imagine it wasn't too difficult...

Xizer - You are obviously thinking what i'm thinking about " Nalla". But what the hell, I'll take any insider information going. (Getlazy should be proud to get this official notice).

Zokita - you are a hero, and the legendary Sesame Place thread with your magnificent posts and report must NEVER be deleted - It should go in a hall of fame. You epitomize what a true LT fan should be like.

LAZY MEMBER
    Level 9 - Energy Poster

Local Date
    20th August 2019
    Local Time

Well, I went to see it last night and I have to agree with Nalla that it's absolutely brilliant and now I'm going to try and get tickets to see it again when it comes to Manchester, although I have a horrid feeling they're all sold out (tickets for yesterday's show were going for £150 each on eBay midweek, when they cost me around £20 each the day they went on sale).

Unfortunately I didn't manage to take any pics because I had to spend most of the show holding my son down so he didn't try and run up to the stage. But Robbie Rotten definitely stole the show (and the guys who played Sportacus and Roboticus (the robot superhero that Robbie buys) were joint second - the stunts were fantastic and Sportacus had the accent down pat).

Stephanie was a bit off-key on a couple of songs, and Pixel's headset fell off at the beginning and he had to hold it on through one song and then disappeared to have it fixed, but other than that it was a very slick and professional show. Loved it.
    Magnús Scheving IS God.
    That's why Mums go to Iceland.

LAZY MEMBER
    Level 1 - New kid in Town

Local Date
    20th August 2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Burt Thruster
    You are obviously thinking what i'm thinking about " Nalla". But what the hell, I'll take any insider information going. (Getlazy should be proud to get this official notice).
    You already have the official notice and the official notice posts under this name, not under any other!

LAZY MEMBER
    Local Date
    20th August 2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by LazyTownLive
    Quote Originally Posted by Burt Thruster
    You are obviously thinking what i'm thinking about " Nalla". But what the hell, I'll take any insider information going. (Getlazy should be proud to get this official notice).
    You already have the official notice and the official notice posts under this name, not under any other!
    Official notice noted and confirmed as undernoted....

Official : noted
    Notice : noted

Lazytownlive is now official : noted

(Sorry for the misunderstanding)