Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Episode (maybe last!)- "Sportacus Saves The Toys"

Originally posted by Stevilito
    this has NO feeling of it being the last episode, just seem slike ya run of the mill MID season episode really
    Well remember, we've known for quite some time that episodes haven't aired in the order that they were meant to have aired. They haven't even aired in the same order from country to country. For example, the order the first 34 episodes aired in Germany looks like it may have been the intended order; the US order was completely screwed up.

So you're assuming the last episode that has aired as we've chased the last handful of episodes around the world was intended to be the last. It's quite possible, even likely, that that's not the case. I would imagine either Friends Forever or Dancing Dream was supposed to be the last episode, and either of those would make decent conclusions.

Comment

Or maybe it was Birthday Surprise? (keep in mind I haven't actually seen Birthday Surprise: UK English only=I don't watch)

I just thought of this, but in the We Will Be Friends bit, it shows some flashbacks of Steph's time in LazyTown, and some scenes from Friends Forever and Dancing Dream are shown.

Man, we could have a thread debating the chronological order....

Anyway, I don't think we need a last episode. I like to leave things open-ended so I can make up my own (usually slashy) conclusions.

Comment

I actually meant Birthday Surprise and not Friends Forever, so that's probably it.

Comment

I remember in that book from "We Will Be Friends" song they also showed a scene from "Lazy Rockets" which aired after that episode on TV.

I really wish someone could sit down and ask magnus this information instead of the usual "what is your health message, etc"

Comment

I noticed that too, the flashback also includes dancing dreams.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBDb2zG_8ug

look at the part where she's hugging Stingy. Familiar?

Also in School scam in the song it shows a clip of sportacus reading a book in his airship. First bit from Once upon a time!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4pIG0uuMSc

In my opinion they reuse clips too much.

I know this is off topic but while you're at it you should check out my youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=shortywhoo

Comment

i saw one of those youtube uploads, claiming that this is the last episode :(

is this true?

Comment

Originally posted by yosy
                i saw one of those youtube uploads, claiming that this is the last episode :(

is this true?
                We don't know, exactly. This episode makes the last to air of the S2 episodes to the best of our collective knowledge, and there are also no concrete plans we know of for a third season. However, I still believe no concrete plans =/= cancelled, and given the popularity outside the US market, I don't believe it makes any business sense to cancel it permanently.
                Also, we don't know if it was intended to be the last in the season, it might just be the last S2 ep to debut between the four or so countries with GL members where it airs in English.

Comment

oh! :( so...............!!! what??!!! so what will be the future of this site???? is the world coming to an end???????????????!!! :?

Comment

No way is LazyTown over. Maggi wouldn't allow it, not at this stage.

Even if there's no more television show (which there still might be), they've started plays in the old Latibaer tradition in the UK, there's books out there, the potential for more plays, animation, games, a movie, all kinds of programs.

And is GL over? I think we have enough money to go another few years, don't worry about that. And the interest should still be here.

Comment

I have decided this episode is evidence that Lazytown is set in Iceland.
                      For starters, France being 'other' in this episode rules out the possibility that LazyTown is intended as a generic 1st world Everytown, which means there must be a location intended.
                      The toy magnets go in a straight line together, then suddenly both take right-angle turns, the one for China going right. By drawing lines on maps, I came to the conclusion from that that either Lazytown is in Africa/Middle East (yeah, right) or in the most Northerly quarter of the Western hemisphere, which rules out about 95% of the US (which was the other location possibility to my mind), but not Iceland.

Who, me, overthinking?

Comment

To add on that, kelly:

I think I recall someone mentioning in the first episode (or maybe it was from descriptions on the official website, can't remember) that Sportacus was from 'an island in the far north'. I always took that to mean that Sportacus was from Iceland, and LazyTown was somewhere nearby (maybe on another island?) but there's no proof either way.

Just something to consider.

Comment

I always took it like that, too, and I read somewhere that it was a reference to Iceland, like Robbie made a reference to it in "Crystal Caper" ("coins from all over the world - including Iceland").

Comment

Originally posted by Zokita
                            To add on that, kelly:

I think I recall someone mentioning in the first episode (or maybe it was from descriptions on the official website, can't remember) that Sportacus was from 'an island in the far north'. I always took that to mean that Sportacus was from Iceland, and LazyTown was somewhere nearby (maybe on another island?) but there's no proof either way.

Just something to consider.
                            It was the Mayor saying 9 was from an island in the North Sea. Personally, I'd be more likely to say someone was from an island in the North Sea if I was Icelandic and they were from a smaller North Sea island than the other way around. Technically, I'm from an island in the South Pacific, but who in their right mind would word it that way?

Pre-emptive 'Edit': just looked it up in Wikipedia, and Iceland isn't in the North Sea, the North Sea's that vaguely rectangular bit between Britain and north-west Europe. Iceland is in the plain old North Atlantic, so that's obviously not a reference to Iceland at all, 'cause I think Magnus would know where his country is.

Originally posted by AgentKJ
                            I always took it like that, too, and I read somewhere that it was a reference to Iceland, like Robbie made a reference to it in "Crystal Caper" ("coins from all over the world - including Iceland").
                            Robbie could be pointing out there that some of the coins are spendable, it's not just collectables, some of the collection has real monetary value.

Comment

Yes, I guess he could be, I just believed what I'd read ages ago.

Comment

Just seen "Toys" on Nick Jr, and it's just one big Magnus/Sportacus ego-trip - it's like him saying - this is the last show, I'm the boss, it's gonna show that I've been the star, - not steph, and I'm doing everything, including the last song!

Comment

Working...
                                X