This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LazyWiki

The DVDs section also needs to be updated. There are now 10 UK DVDs...

Click image for larger version

Name:	LazyTown - UK DVDs-page-001.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	246.4 KB
ID:	147617

Comment

LazyWiki

If you guys still want the LazyWiki to be updated and be better than the LazyTown wikipedia, you can inbox me and will setup an account for you. That way you can add info to it. A lot needs to be done but with the help of many the pages updates will go faster.

Creating an account has been disabled to block spammers editing info and creating pages we don't want. I haven't figured out a way to keep them away with account creation set to on, so I just turned it off.

Also I would like to have the name LazyTown Wiki instead of LazyWiki (like for example The Minecraft Wiki) so search machines will index it better for people to search for LazyTown info. What do you think?
      Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

LazyWiki

I would love to have an account please!

And yes, I like the name LazyTown Wiki better.

Comment

LazyWiki

I would suggest to not make it too complicated with templates but only put the necessary info where it belongs. The mobile front doesn't show template styles that good. Otherwise use this code to hide your code for mobile users if it's not really important.

<span class="nomobile">hide this text</span>
          or
          <div class="nomobile">hide this table</civ>
          source: http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Thread:Extension_talk:MobileFrontend

Capisce?
          Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

LazyWiki

Originally posted by LazyGary View Post
            I like the name LazyTown Wiki better.
            Me too.

I wish I could help update the wiki, but I'm scared I'd mess it up even more.

I can pass on info though, I see that table has a lot of gaps in "special features", I've got those DVD's so I could tell you if they have special features or not.
            Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
            Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

LazyWiki

Adding info is simple since you only need to write the text, make headlines with ==your headline here== and make a link of a word with [[your word becomes a link here]]. That's the basic.

Like this.
              ==LazyTown==
              [[LazyTown]] is a nice place where [[Sportacus]] is a slightly-above superhero.
              Here is the Help page about formatting: http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Formatting

Comment

LazyWiki

Easier than I thought! I have
                -Added all the season three songs to the song list (apart from Robbie dueting on Bing Bing, not sure if that counts)

I'm working on
                -Typing out all the lyrics to the season three songs (some songs are REALLY wordy haha)
                -Adding to the UK DVDs table
                -Fixing the UK DVDs table (some links to buy are dead)

Comment

LazyWiki

Originally posted by Glanni's Girl View Post
                  -Typing out all the lyrics to the season three songs (some songs are REALLY wordy haha)
                  I have the CD booklet with the lyrics inside if that's gonna help you.

Comment

LazyWiki

That's ok, I've only got 2 songs left to type out, the singing is pretty clear and if any words or sentances are repeated I type them out once then copy/paste.

Comment

• LazyWiki

Fixed 99% of the pictures on the songs page, some weren't showing up and some were on the wrong episodes, so that's that.

Comment

• LazyWiki

Thanks GG! I'll jump in there when I get some confidence to add and edit stuff... busy reading the help section to learn how to edit and add.

Is it just me or has the Index for the Wiki disappeared?
                        I can see the "main page" ... but there used to be an index that would take you to the various sections.
                        Right now the only way I can get to some of the sections is to click through from the main page to the episodes or character sections and go from there.
                        But I distinctly remember there being an Index page that would take you to the various section heads.....

Comment

• LazyWiki

Originally posted by Glanni's Girl View Post
                          Fixed 99% of the pictures on the songs page, some weren't showing up and some were on the wrong episodes, so that's that.
                          That's probably because I made all new picture for the episodes and I started counting the episodes from 1 instead of 0 (The Lazy Dance is episode 1, Welcome to LazyTown episode 2, etc.). The filenames got changed because of that. I forgot some other pages were using those pictures too. Glad you solved it.

Comment

• LazyWiki

busy reading the help section to learn how to edit and add
                            If it helps, when I was creating pages for the season 3 songs, I clicked on an existing song page, clicked the edit button, copied all the text, went back to the page I was creating, pasted all the text onto it, then changed the song title and the picture. I had no idea how to create the little info box with the picture in it, so that saved me learning how to do that, haha.

But I distinctly remember there being an Index page that would take you to the various section heads.....
                            There must have been, it seems silly that to get to the DVDs page I've been typing "http://www.getlazy.net/wiki/index.php?title=DVDs" into the address bar.

Comment

• LazyWiki

Index page..
                              It was lost with the previous change but it's back now
                              DVD's and CD's can be found under the merchandise link.

Comment

• LazyWiki

Originally posted by LazyPooky View Post
                                It was lost with the previous change but it's back now
                                DVD's and CD's can be found under the merchandise link.
                                a ha! well done Pooks

Comment

Working...
                                X