• Live Shows and Events

Published on 24th July 2014 14:26  Number of Views: 8023 
    1. Categories:
    2. Live Shows and Events
    Article Preview

Written by Andrew Kaggwa
    The Observer, Uganda

As a child, you will always have a favourite superhero; these are usually TV or movie characters, the likes of Fantastic Four, Spiderman, Mutant X, Ben 10 and the Power Puff Girls, among others. Superheroes become part of children’s lives as they continuously identify with the fight between good and evil. ...
    by Published on 10th February 2014 00:22  Number of Views: 8975 
    1. Categories:
    2. Awards and Nominations,
    3. Live Shows and Events
    Article Preview

I just saw a video with a very short fragment of the BAFTA 2006 where LazyTown won the awards. I have never seen a video of the 2006 BAFTA awards but I would like to. I checked the BAFTA website but there are only a few pictures. http://awards.bafta.org/award/2006/c.../international

Below I added all the known Awards and Nominations of LazyTown and in the Photo Gallery you can find pictures of some of those Award Ceremonies ...
    Published on 18th May 2009 08:02  Number of Views: 6761 
    1. Categories:
    2. Interviews,
    3. Live Shows and Events
    Article Preview

Written by Kenan
    Manchester Evening News. May 18, 2009

When Julie Westwood isn’t pottering in her garden she transforms into a figure well-known to children all over the world.

Julie plays Bessie Busybody in the hit international children’s TV series LazyTown – a bustling do-gooder whose voice and life-size puppet are immediately identifiable. Identifiable, that is, to children "and anyone with young children," she explains in between sorting out her Bolton garden. Julie, in her 50s, has to take advantage of her time at home because she spends a large part of each year in Iceland, where LazyTown is filmed. ...
    by Published on 26th October 2007 11:15  Number of Views: 4967 
    1. Categories:
    2. Live Shows and Events

LazyTown Live! in the UK 2007

An Icelandic export created by Magnus Scheving, children’s TV series LazyTown has become hugely popular in the UK during the last year or so. The characters of above average super hero Sportacus and his ever so pink singing and dancing friend Stephanie have cleverly captured the imaginations of both boys and girls, hence the oodles of costumed mini-versions present at the Apollo. ...
    Published on 14th August 2006 11:21  Number of Views: 3131 
    1. Categories:
    2. Live Shows and Events
    Article Preview

Written by John Scheerhout
    Greater Manchester News, August 14th, 2006

DOZENS of children were at the popular stage show during the Sky festival that took over the city center this long weekend (11-13 August, 2006)

Published on 2nd March 2006 11:55  Number of Views: 5293 
    1. Categories:
    2. Live Shows and Events
    Article Preview

Garšabęr. March 2, 2006

US Ambassador Carol van Voorst was a special guest at the studio headquarters of the children's show, LazyTown, March 2. The Ambassador met with Americans and Icelanders who work on the show, including Magnśs Scheving, the show“s creator, who plays the program“s super-hero, Sportacus, and US actress, Julianna Rose Mauriello, who plays Stephanie, another main character on the show. ...
    by Published on 6th January 1999 10:01  Number of Views: 6408 
    1. Categories:
    2. Live Shows and Events
    Article Preview

ROBBIE ROTTEN IN LAZYTOWN (Glanni Glępur ķ Latabę)
    The National Theatre in Iceland (1999)

A play by Magnśs Scheving
    Glanni Glępur ķ Latabę

The characters of Lazytown are household names with ...
  • New comments

• New content