No announcement yet.

DigiPrimes on Emmy Nominated LazyTown

Collapse
X
Collapse
  •  

• DigiPrimes on Emmy Nominated LazyTown

Band Pro. April 2007

"For LazyTown, we needed lenses that would pump the image as little as possible while pulling the focus", explains cinematographer Tómas Örn Tómasson. "We also needed sharp, high resolution lenses for a good, high quality key when we shoot on green screen. The Zeiss DigiPrimes were perfect."

"We shot the first season with a range of the DigiPrimes. For the second season, I added the Zeiss T1.9 6mm-24mm DigiZoom", he says. "The images match nicely, and the DigiZoom is very sharp."

"The back-focus system on the Zeiss Digi series works very well", he adds. "In the second season, we mixed lensen between two Viper cameras. One camera had the back focus on -0.6 and the other on -0.25. All we had to do when we switched lenses was to changes the back-focus. Everyhing was sharp and in order."

"The lens characteristics are very nice", he continues. "Not only do I get a technical good image, I also get natural skin tones and a natural color feel so similar to what I am used to when I use Zeiss lenses in the film enviroment."

"The way Zeiss DigiPrimes and the DigiZoom handle open aperture in unbelievable. When shooting on HD 2/3" chip camera for television screen, I tend to work wide open, getting as little depth-of-fiel as I can. For the big screen, I close the lens about one stiop and still get a shallow depth-of-field and perfect image quality."

"I've shot at least 400 shooting days with the DigiPrime series and countless testing days", Tómasson says. "And, for me, the Zeiss HD lenses are the key to making HD realistic option as shooting format against tradintional film shooting."

Click image for larger version

Name:	tómas.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	182275
      Posting comments is disabled.

Latest Articles

Collapse

• LazyTown moves the world (2008)
      by LazyPooky
      Magnús Scheving started LazyTown in 1995 with the aim of encouraging children and their families to live a healthy lifestyle in a fun way. After years of continuous success in Iceland, sales of fruits and vegetables increased by 22 percent, among other things, following the LazyTown Energy Campaign. About four years ago, in 2004, the actual expansion of LazyTown began, and now it is a world-renowned brand that is steadily strengthening its position as the only international brand dedicated to the...
      9 May 2023, 12:28
    • Magnus Scheving Interview
      by LazyTown
      Getlazy in association with LazyTown LiveJournal, December 2007

Question 1: "We have noticed that Julianna who plays Stephanie is growing up rather quickly and seems to be a tall girl now. Will you carry on using the current actress, or will there come a point in time when you need to get a replacement actress?

Magnus: We were so lucky when we found Julianna Rose Mauriello. She brought so much to the show. Like everyone else, she gets older. With regards to...
      8 July 2018, 16:37
    • LazyTown: From Director’s Vision to Commercial Reality
      by LazyTown
      Written by Kebo
      AVID, July 5, 2007 For those adults struggling to convince their children that fitness can be fun, the idea that television can be part of the solution seems unlikely. And yet, LazyTown , one of the fastest selling children’s programs in history, is doing just that. Syndicated to 103 countries in a mere 18 months, LazyTown is reaching a global audience with an entertaining yet educational message about the importance of exercise and nutrition. ...
      13 August 2017, 19:58
    • Unreal Engine 3 Powers Critical and Commercial Success LazyTown
      by LazyTown
      Written by John Gaudiosi
      Unreal Technology 2008 Epic Games’ Unreal Engine 3 (UE3) has already taken hold of the videogame industry, powering top games from game publishers like Electronic Arts, Sega, Midway Games, Capcom, Activision, and Sony Online Entertainment. Now, Hollywood can take notice, as the children's hit TV series, "LazyTown," is the first show utilizing the same powerful game technology to breathe life into its blend of live action, puppetry and computer-generated content. Produced and occasionally directed by Dutch television and film maker Raymond P. Le Gué, "LazyTown" currently airs around the world, including on Nickelodeon and Noggin in the U.S....
      13 August 2017, 17:47
    • LazyTown teaches kids to pick fruit over chocolate
      by LazyTown
      Written by Maria Suurballe
      Play The Game Magazine. October 28, 2008 The Icelandic fitness champion, filmmaker and creator of LazyTown, Magnús Scheving, has convinced children around the world to pick fruit and water instead of chocolate and soda water. The recipe is the idea of LazyTown, the ingredients are a combination of play and positive stimulus. For more than ten years, Magnús Scheving has literally jumped and hopped around in Icelandic schools, and he has made handstands and back handsprings in all the kindergartens of the saga island. All in order to teach Icelandic kids and their families a more healthy and active lifestyle. Children run, they jump, they bend, and they move without thinking about it....
      16 July 2017, 14:55
    • DigiPrimes on Emmy Nominated LazyTown
      by LazyTown
      Band Pro. April 2007

"For LazyTown, we needed lenses that would pump the image as little as possible while pulling the focus", explains cinematographer Tómas Örn Tómasson. "We also needed sharp, high resolution lenses for a good, high quality key when we shoot on green screen. The Zeiss DigiPrimes were perfect."...
      16 July 2017, 14:19
    Working...
    X