MAGNUS SCHEVING
    Producer and Writer of LazyTown
    Entrepreneur/World-Class Athlete

Click image for larger version

Name:	8a4e21_238331f93b134f6daed753fa1d9a0972.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	17.2 KB
ID:	182260

Magnús Scheving is an athlete, entrepreneur, writer and producer whose infectious creativity and entrepreneurial spirit has lead him to become the CEO and co-founder of LazyTown Entertainment. Promoting fitness and a healthy lifestyle, Scheving and LazyTown Entertainment produce educational books, videos, games, and sporting goods for children and adults alike.

As creator of the hit show LazyTown, Scheving produces, directs, and stars as “Sportacus,” the character that has made him a household name beloved by both kids and parents for his healthy message.

A firm believer in living healthy and being active, Scheving has served as an advisor to several national governments, including the US where he worked closely with First Lady Michelle Obama on “Let’s Move!“ the initiative combining strategies with common sense to put children on the path to a healthy future.

Scheving is also a world-class athlete, twice topping the European championships in aerobics, and earned a silver medal in the Aerobics’ World Championship. He has been voted “Athlete of the Year” in his home country of Iceland, and continues his athletic career today.

Over the last 20 years, Scheving has worked consistently to promote the philosophy behind LazyTown -- motivating families to make healthier lifestyle choices – and bringing it to fruition, but it hasn’t always been easy. In the early days he worked as a carpenter, gym teacher, gym owner and TV show host while developing his ideas and gathering the information and research that makes LazyTown the success it is today. Broadcast in 170 countries, in over 30 languages, and reaching over 500 million homes, it is inspiring children and families throughout the world to get up, get fit, and live healthy.
      Posting comments is disabled.

Latest Articles

Collapse

• ROBBIE ROTTEN IN LAZYTOWN (Glanni Glæpur í Latabæ)
      by LazyTown
      ROBBIE ROTTEN IN LAZYTOWN (Glanni Glæpur í Latabæ)
      The National Theatre in Iceland (1999)

A play by Magnús Scheving
      Glanni Glæpur í Latabæ

The characters of Lazytown are household names with Icelandic children, who have got to know them through children books, videotapes and visits to schools and kindergartens by the protagonist, the Sports-Fairy or Sportacus, played by the author himself. "Lazytown" has in fact become an educational concept, emphasizing the importa...
      6 December 2014, 10:01
    • Magnus Scheving
      by LazyTown
      MAGNUS SCHEVING
      Producer and Writer of LazyTown
      Entrepreneur/World-Class Athlete

Magnús Scheving is an athlete, entrepreneur, writer and producer whose infectious creativity and entrepreneurial spirit has lead him to become the CEO and co-founder of LazyTown Entertainment. Promoting fitness and a healthy lifestyle, Scheving and LazyTown Entertainment produce educational books, videos, games, and sporting goods for children and adults alike. As creator of the h...
      6 December 2014, 08:30
    • LazyTown Awards and Nominations
      by LazyTown
      I just saw a video with a very short fragment of the BAFTA 2006 where LazyTown won the awards. I have never seen a video of the 2006 BAFTA awards but I would like to. I checked the BAFTA website but there are only a few pictures. http://awards.bafta.org/award/2006/c.../international

Below I added all the known Awards and Nominations of LazyTown and in the Photo Gallery you can find pictures of some of those Award Ceremonies...
      10 February 2014, 00:22
    Working...
    X