• 2005 - 2006 RSS Feed

Published on 12th October 2006 01:57  Number of Views: 83 
    1. Categories:
    2. LazyTown Concept

Written by Dagny Kristjánsdóttir
    Paper, October 12, 2006

Kimberley Reynolds, a leading British scholar in the field of children´s literature, says that people’s attitudes toward childhood can be grouped into four main categories. First, there is nostalgia for the traditional childhood; then a tendency to view children as victims; next, as the opposite, or devils; and finally, simply as a market phenomenon. The phenomenon of Latibćr (LazyTown) unites all these views in a particularly intriguing way. ...
    Published on 1st July 2006 09:14  Number of Views: 1620 
    1. Categories:
    2. Interviews
    Article Preview

Written by Jon Barrett
    Tony Kids, July 1st, 2006

New Yorker Julianna Rose Mauriello, 14, star of Nickelodeon's LazyTown, talks with TONY Kids about her hit show, working in Iceland and her recent Emmy nomination.

Published on 20th March 2006 18:56  Number of Views: 34 
    1. Categories:
    2. Interviews
    Article Preview

Nicksplat, March 20th, 2006

1. How old are you? You surely must be older than the 8-year-old character you play on the show? Do you have any difficulties playing a 8 year old?
    I am 14, and turning 15 on May 26th. Sometimes it is difficult being a teenager and playing a child ...
    Published on 2nd March 2006 11:55  Number of Views: 1564 
    1. Categories:
    2. Live Shows and Events
    Article Preview

Garđabćr. March 2, 2006

US Ambassador Carol van Voorst was a special guest at the studio headquarters of the children's show, LazyTown, March 2. The Ambassador met with Americans and Icelanders who work on the show, including Magnús Scheving, the show´s creator, who plays the program´s super-hero, Sportacus, and US actress, Julianna Rose Mauriello, who plays Stephanie, another main character on the show. ...
    Published on 1st September 2005 12:45  Number of Views: 13 
    1. Categories:
    2. Technique

Written by Stephanie Argy
    American Cinematographer Vol. 86 Issue 9, p84. September 2005

When Icelandic athlete and entertainer Magnus Scheving set out to create the children’s series LazyTown, he knew he wanted the show to have a whimsical feel all its own. “I wanted people to say, ‘I’ve never seen this look before, what is this?’ I wanted to do something absolutely different, and I wanted to use live action with puppets and 3-D backgrounds.”

Scheving gathered a team of artists and technicians from all over the world, and they devised an innovative tapeless workflow that not only combined all the elements Scheving wanted, but also did almost everything in real time on set. This brought production and post much closer together, something that the show’s director of photography, Tómas Örn Tómasson, found very exciting. ...
    Published on 2nd March 2005 11:15  Number of Views: 22 
    1. Categories:
    2. Technique
    Article Preview

DIGITAL Cinematography. March 2005

Thomson Grass Valley’s Viper Film- Stream digital cinematography camera is being used to shoot LazyTown, a children’s program that airs on Nickelodeon Jr. and CBS. Mark Read of production company Hypercube (Boulder, Colo.) and Magnús Scheving of LazyTown Studios (Reykjavík, Iceland) began collaborating in late 2003 to create a children’s show that would blend puppets, live action and CG backgrounds—and to devise an all-digital, data-centric workflow to make it happen.