No announcement yet.

2002 - 2004

Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running from Reykjanesbær to LazyTown every morning (2004)

Running from Reykjanesbær to LazyTown every morning (2004)

Last spring, Kjartan Már Kjartansson, municipal representative in Reykjanesbær, started working for one of the most interesting entrepreneurial companies in the country of Iceland: LazyTown. For 10 years, Icelanders have followed the development of LazyTown with interest, and today around 130 people work for the company. Kjartan Már talks about the job, the collaboration with Magnús Scheving, the creator of LazyTown, and the company’s future possibilities. In the houses of LazyTown at Miðhraun...
    Go to post

• LazyTown accused of propaganda against Bush (2004)

LazyTown accused of propaganda against Bush (2004)

Complaints about the political brainwashing of children in Magnús Scheving’s LazyTown show in the United States appeared on the show’s online forum. A Texas-branded coffee mug in the hands of Robbie Rotten is a very insidious way to inject political messages into the subconscious of American children. The producers of LazyTown are accused of trying to insinuate political propaganda against the President of the United States into the subconscious of children in their programs, which are shown...
    Go to post

• LazyTown Lays Down Staying in Data From Viper to Color Grading

LazyTown Lays Down Staying in Data From Viper to Color Grading

Written by Debra Kaufman
    StudioDaily, December 1, 2004 It’s a long way between Boulder, Colorado, and Reykjavik, Iceland, but the distance is even greater between a traditional television workflow and a futuristic, data-centric all-digital pipeline. Mark and Dana Read have traversed both divides with LazyTown, a children’s TV program running on both Nick Jr. and CBS. LazyTown Entertainment joined forces with Mark Read s’ Hypercube, a Boulder company specializing in virtual environments...
    Go to post

• Julianna Rose Mauriello: "I'm feeling pretty fine"

Julianna Rose Mauriello: "I'm feeling pretty fine"

"I had never been to Europe before I came to Iceland", says Julianna Rose Mauriello who plays Stephanie in the TV series LazyTown on the TV station Nick Junior where it's currently shown. "It was snowing when I arrived in January but it was also snowing in NY where I live and the first thing I noticed when I arrived here was the language which sounded a ot difficult". Julianna spends most of the time on the set for LazyTown till the end of December. "Hanna Maja who's the make up artist is teaching...
    Go to post

• Top of the World

Top of the World

Written by Ken Pontac
    Iceland, July 14, 2004 Holy Christ! I’m in Iceland! The sun shines all the time here, and the hot water from the tap smells like a fart from a sourstomached old man who’s eaten too many pickled eggs. The signage is incomprehensible, people’s names are unpronounceable, and the money looks like panels from a comic book regaling tales of stern, bearded men wearing odd hats and holding ponderous tomes. ...
    Go to post

• A new health-concious TV trend takes kids from plump to pumped

A new health-concious TV trend takes kids from plump to pumped

Written by Simon Ashdown
    KidScreen June 2003 While children's fitness may just now be shaping up as the issue du jour in North America, Reykjavic, Iceland's LazyTown keyed into its importance 11 years ago. Founded by fitness guru and lecturer Magnus Scheving, the LazyTown concept launched in 1992 with a mandate to improve health of children. Since then, the multi-million dollar icelandic francise has grown to encompass books, board games, videos, CDs, a radio station, theatrical productions, and even...
    Go to post

• Latibær heading out into the world

Latibær heading out into the world

Written by Inga Rún Sigurðardóttir
    MBL - Fólk í fréttum 2002 Latibær has a new look and townspeople have got American names and looks. Inga Rún Sigurðardóttir talked with Ágúst Frey Ingason, Secretary General, about the expansion. Life and animation are around Latabæ these days, and perhaps Americans may not have to wait long for a chance to get acquainted with the Sports, Solla Stare, Gogga Mega and Glanna Crime, or Sportacus, Stephanie, Pixel and Robbie Rotten, as they are called in English. ...
    Go to post
There are no articles in this category.

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
Please log in to your account to view your subscribed posts.

Latest Articles

Collapse

• Running from Reykjanesbær to LazyTown every morning (2004)
    by LazyPooky
    Last spring, Kjartan Már Kjartansson, municipal representative in Reykjanesbær, started working for one of the most interesting entrepreneurial companies in the country of Iceland: LazyTown. For 10 years, Icelanders have followed the development of LazyTown with interest, and today around 130 people work for the company. Kjartan Már talks about the job, the collaboration with Magnús Scheving, the creator of LazyTown, and the company’s future possibilities. In the houses of LazyTown at Miðhraun...
    26 October 2022, 20:25
  • LazyTown accused of propaganda against Bush (2004)
    by LazyPooky
    Complaints about the political brainwashing of children in Magnús Scheving’s LazyTown show in the United States appeared on the show’s online forum. A Texas-branded coffee mug in the hands of Robbie Rotten is a very insidious way to inject political messages into the subconscious of American children. The producers of LazyTown are accused of trying to insinuate political propaganda against the President of the United States into the subconscious of children in their programs, which are shown...
    8 October 2022, 02:14
  • Julianna Rose Mauriello: "I'm feeling pretty fine"
    by LazyTown
    "I had never been to Europe before I came to Iceland", says Julianna Rose Mauriello who plays Stephanie in the TV series LazyTown on the TV station Nick Junior where it's currently shown. "It was snowing when I arrived in January but it was also snowing in NY where I live and the first thing I noticed when I arrived here was the language which sounded a ot difficult". Julianna spends most of the time on the set for LazyTown till the end of December. "Hanna Maja who's the make up artist is teaching...
    9 June 2018, 02:26
  • LazyTown Lays Down Staying in Data From Viper to Color Grading
    by LazyTown
    Written by Debra Kaufman
    StudioDaily, December 1, 2004 It’s a long way between Boulder, Colorado, and Reykjavik, Iceland, but the distance is even greater between a traditional television workflow and a futuristic, data-centric all-digital pipeline. Mark and Dana Read have traversed both divides with LazyTown, a children’s TV program running on both Nick Jr. and CBS. LazyTown Entertainment joined forces with Mark Read s’ Hypercube, a Boulder company specializing in virtual environments...
    13 August 2017, 19:33
  • Latibær heading out into the world
    by LazyTown
    Written by Inga Rún Sigurðardóttir
    MBL - Fólk í fréttum 2002 Latibær has a new look and townspeople have got American names and looks. Inga Rún Sigurðardóttir talked with Ágúst Frey Ingason, Secretary General, about the expansion. Life and animation are around Latabæ these days, and perhaps Americans may not have to wait long for a chance to get acquainted with the Sports, Solla Stare, Gogga Mega and Glanna Crime, or Sportacus, Stephanie, Pixel and Robbie Rotten, as they are called in English. ...
    9 June 2017, 08:05
  • Top of the World
    by LazyTown
    Written by Ken Pontac
    Iceland, July 14, 2004 Holy Christ! I’m in Iceland! The sun shines all the time here, and the hot water from the tap smells like a fart from a sourstomached old man who’s eaten too many pickled eggs. The signage is incomprehensible, people’s names are unpronounceable, and the money looks like panels from a comic book regaling tales of stern, bearded men wearing odd hats and holding ponderous tomes. ...
    14 August 2014, 14:46
Working...
X